Thank you and Bless you for your interest in Volunteering at Sacred Heart Church.
Through your selfless gifts of time and talent, Sacred Heart Church grows and thrives, meeting the needs of our Parish and Community.
The Calgary Diocese is committed to ensuring that, as a community, do all we can to assure that the right gifts are shared in the right way, at the right time, by the right people. Volunteer screening is an important part of achieving this mission.
All volunteer roles within the Diocese undergo an assessment to determine level of trust and/or risk associated with the role based on a number of factors. To view risk level associated with volunteer roles, click HERE.
LOW RISK MINISTRIES
There are two steps to screening volunteers in low risk ministries. (Low risk ministries do not require police checks.)
Blank forms are available at the Church if you are unable to print.
STEP TWO: Complete Safety Training
- All volunteers have to complete (online) safety training regardless of the role they are doing.
- After you return your paperwork, you will receive a separate email from an online training service called Praesidium.
- The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your junk folder if you don’t receive it.
- The email will contain a personalized link to a training account.
- Praesidium will give you access to a large library of safety modules but you don’t have to do all of them.
- Meet Sam (~15 mins)
- It Happened to Me (~15 mins)
- Keeping Your Church Safe (~30 mins)
- Your Policies (review of the Diocesan Code of Conduct) (~5 mins)
The remaining modules are not mandatory.
HIGH RISK MINISTRIES
As above (Low Risk Ministries Forms + online training) with the addition of a Background Check. (Contact the office for details)
If your child(ren) are volunteering for (Altar Servers and/or Choir ministries), please download and fill out the following forms:
If your child(ren) are volunteering the Altar Servers ministry, please download and fill out the form located HERE.
Any questions or concerns, contact Ingrid at email@example.com or 403-244-2741 x108
Group training sessions will be held in January.