Monsignor Doyle Council (1186) is the oldest Knights of Columbus council in Southern Alberta.
We are an active council of Catholic Men at Sacred Heart church in Calgary committed to the exemplification of the virtues of Charity, Unity, Fraternity, Patriotism, and to the defence of the priesthood.
Our order is consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary and is firmly committed to the protection of human life, from conception to natural death, and to the preservation and defence of the family.
Our activities support Sacred Heart Church and our Catholic community.
Some of our Parish activities:
- Hosting an annual ‘Shrove Tuesday’ pancake breakfast at Sacred Heart Elementary
- Hosting funeral receptions at Sacred Heart
- An annual Mother’s Day Roses campaign in support of Pro-Life
- Support Sacred Heart Parish annual BBQ
Some of our Community activities:
- Supporting Right to Life programs
- Participation in the ‘Coats for Kids’ Campaign
- Supporting St. Mary’s University
- Supporting the Annual Bishop’s Dinner
- Supporting Padres Night for Priests
To be a Knight means a life of faith in action, a life of boldness in brotherhood, a life worth living.
Join a brotherhood of 2 million Catholic men on a mission, and make a difference in your parish and community, while enriching your own life.
Membership in the Knights of Columbus includes insurance and other benefits, and is open to practical Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are at least 18 years old.
For more information and to join, please visit sacredheartknights.ca