As of July 1st, all COVID-19 restrictions in the province will be lifted. This will significantly change how we celebrate mass.
- Registration will no longer be taken for mass. Contact info will not be collected and you will not be screened at the door for COVID symptoms.
- Mask use is no longer mandatory.
- There is no capacity limit for mass attendance.
- All pews are now open to be seated in and no physical distancing needs to happen.
- The church doors will not be locked during masses.
- The sign of peace can be offered with a bow, not a handshake.
- Congregational singing is now permitted and the mass parts will be sung.
- Offerings can continue to be placed in the boxes at the entrance and exit of the church or in the basket at the offertory.
- There is no designated door for entrance or exit.
- Reception of Holy Communion on the tongue is now allowed to resume.
- There will continue to be one communion line formed by alternating pews.
- Communion is given under only one species – the consecrated host.
- Surfaces will no longer be sanitized after each mass but please continue healthy practices of washing hands, and be considerate to cover coughs and sneezes with your arm.
- Adoration after Friday 12:05pm mass will not resume at this time.
- We will continue to offer our bollettino electronically for the summer. If you are not signed up for it, you can do so here: https://SacredHeartCalgary.flocknote.com/WeeklyBulletinBo
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass continues at this time.
Find more information here: https://www.catholicyyc.ca/blog/covid19