For over 10 years, the Together in Action goal has been set at $2 million. In 2021, the TIA goal was reduced by 30% due to the pandemic, bringing it to $1.4 million.
The goal of this year’s TIA is $2 million as we commit to raise $600,000 each year over the next 5 years for the Indigenous Reconciliation Fund, as our contribution to the $30-Million National Financial Pledge of the Bishops of Canada.
$1.4 million – will financially support the following ministries, partner organizations, and agencies:
- Diocesan Ministries
- Care of Retired Priests
- Mission Council
- Elizabeth House
- Canadian Catholic Conference of Bishops
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society: Refugee Program
- Catholic Family Service: Families Together Program
- Catholic Missions of Canada
- Canadian Catholic Bioethics Institute
$600,000 of the $2 million goal each year in the next five years will go to support local/regional healing and reconciliation initiatives for residential school survivors, their families, and their communities.
The Indigenous Reconciliation Fund will contribute to the following priorities:
- Healing and reconciliation for communities and families;
- Culture and language revitalization;
- Education and community building; and
- Dialogues for promoting indigenous spirituality and culture.
Together as the Diocese, we unite our efforts in working with the Indigenous Peoples in the pursuit of truth, justice, healing, and reconciliation.
Envelopes are located in the Narthex at Sacred Heart Church, or you can donate online to TIA – Click here