COMING CLOSER TO CHRIST:
Today we hear about the parables of the Kingdom. Jesus came precisely to establish a Kingdom and taught us to pray every day for the coming of this Kingdom: “Thy Kingdom come…” What Kingdom is Jesus talking about and why is it so important?
- Christ’s Kingdom is the fullness of life: full of meaning, purpose, wisdom, and lasting happiness;
- Friendship with Christ, through knowing, loving, and following him more each day.
- St. Paul defined Christ’s Kingdom like this: “The kingdom of God [is] righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit”. (Romans 14:17)
SENDING US OUT:
We are called to bear fruit in our lives by exercising our faith:
- First, we can use our faith every day simply by taking time to pray, to read websites, articles, or books that give the Catholic perspective on current events, and by informing and obeying our conscience – the voice of God guiding our behaviour.
- Second, we can keep our faith strong by sharing it with others. It is up to us to reach out to them, by our words and actions, bearing witness to the truth and the goodness of Christianity.